Tally ERP 9
Knowledge Map of Tally.Server 9
Tally launches a new product, Tally.Server 9 – a powerful data server that will redefine the efficiency of businesses that have a large number of users operating simultaneously on various operations. It is an extremely simple-to-deploy product that provides concurrent and secure access to Tally data, advanced monitoring and administrative control.
- Allows users to Read + Read and Read + Write simultaneously in a multi-userenvironment.
- Ensures zero crashes on account of data issues and other reliability issues like MsgWalkError, Data Files Damaged, and Unable to access data file and soon
- Improved security of data by allowing data operations by authorisedusers
- Allows administrators to monitor and administer the activities of users viz., who is currentlycon- nected, last view reports and also disconnect users and soon
- Increasesproductivityandbusinessperformancebyenhancingtheoptimalutilisationofmanhours and speed ofoperations.
- Support for greater number of concurrent users: Multiple users will be able to simultaneously load companies, save transactions, export reports, print reports, import data, take backup and per- form other data related activities without experiencing any downtime. This will directly result inopti- mal utilization of man hours as the velocity at which a task gets completed will increase. Further, the users will be able to seamlessly work on the samedata.
- High Dependability and Reliability of data: Tally.Server9 will ensure that users in a multi-user environment do not face any disruption of work, even if one of the users forcibly closes theapplica- tion, or his system crashes. Further, if a user needs to back-up the data, other users can continue working without any disruptions, while the back-up process isunderway.
- Highervisibilityandcontrolondataaccess:SincethedataiscontrolledthroughTally.Server9, administratorswillhavemuchbettercontroloveruseraccessofdata.Administratorswillbeableto monitor who is currently logged in, track their activities and even disconnect users if required. This monitoring will also help the administrator study different users’ work patterns to identify whethera particular task is taking more time than actually required, and if so,why.
- IncreasedProductivity&BusinessPerformance:Byidentifyingthepatterns,remedialstepscan be initiated, such that set business processes can be enforced and work efficiency introduced through better methods ofworking.
Tally.Server9isapowerfulservercomponentthatrunsasaserviceandprovidesdedicatedaccessto Tally data. It is an extremely simple to deploy product and substantially enhances usability experience besides providing much better security and usercontrols.
Tally.Server 9 anchors the Data Server deployment which is the most robust, stable, and responsive as it supports seamless concurrency, reliability, security, scalability and database management. It can be managed through Tally User interface and also through the Windows Services. However, unlike the share, it can be used to provide much better administrative control and user security.
Tally.Server 9 provides seamless concurrency in a multi-user environment by allowing users to access the same company data simultaneously.
The users will be able to simultaneously load companies, save transactions, export reports, print reports, perform other data related activities with high performance and speed without experiencing any downtime.
Tally.Server9 provides increased reliability of data in a multi-user environment by ensuring high responsiveness even during abnormal data handling operations for instance, one of the users forcibly terminates the application, or his systemcrashes or back-up the data is in progress.
Tally.Server9 provides extensive data security by ensuring authorised data access, backup and restore.
Tally.Server9 allows data access purely through Tally.Server9 and not through Windows services thereby restricting full access to the data folder.
Visibility & Control
Tally.Server 9 ensures higher visibility and control on data access, by allowing tracking of activities of different users and monitoring their currently status or even disconnect users, if required.
Tally.Server 9 provides high scalability by providing capability to respond faster and perform multiple operations by a large number of users in a network.
Inamulti-userenvironment,asthenumberofusersgrow,theapplicationbecomesunstableorhangs.This is due to the fact that the data request in a shared system is serviced sequentially i.e., when one user is posting data, all the other users must wait for the task to getcompleted.
During data entry if another user triggers a data intensive report which takes time to load, the other user who is doing data entry will be stuck till the report is retrieved completely. This hinders the system performance and results in hang in few scenarios.
Tally.Server9allowssimultaneousreadandwriteandhencenoneoftheusersinthenetworkwilleverface performance issues while other users can keep generating and checking the required reports from the system.
- Multiple users will be able to ‘Read + Read’ and ‘Read + Write’simultaneously.
- Update the data while others are viewing reports, loading companies,etc.
- Processes all data requests in parallel i.e. all concurrent users are able to load the company atthe sametime.
- Allows the Backup Operations to be performedanytime.
- For all users the company will be loaded within acceptable time limit unlike sharedenvironment where request for loading the company is queued up and takes a very longtime.
- Operate smoothly without interruptions/blockades throughout theday
- Significantly increases the productivity and businessperformance
In traditional data sharing scenarios, the administrator provides full access permission of the data folder to everyuserinordertoaccessdatafromTally.ERP9server,whichmayresultinunauthoriseddatahandling and pose security threats or disruption ofwork.
Tally.Server 9 provides improved data security by ensuring authorised data access and data handling operations by the users.
Now with Tally.Server9, the administrator can have much better control over user’s access of data. All the data access requests are purely routed through Tally.Server9 and the user(s) do not have direct access to Data folder, which provides an additional layer of security for the data.
Tally.Server 9 allows the administrator to provide partial access to the data folder to users, hide data path from the users and authorise users to perform selective data handling operations like backup, restore etc These features ensure improved data security and handling.
- All the data access requests are purely routed through Tally.Server9
- Allows the administrator to provide partial access to the data folder tousers
- Provides configurations to hide data path from the users and specify backup /restoreoperations.
- Allows users to access shared data by just typing the server name without need to rememberthe location of the data in theserver
- Backup / Restores operations can be performed through the Tally Interface i.e., AdminConsole.
- Ensures much better control over user’s access ofdata.
- Providesadditionallayerofsecurityforthedatabyallowingconfigurationtohidethedatapathfrom users
- Authorises users to perform specific data handling operations like backup, restoreetc.
In multi user environment, when large number of users perform simultaneous read write operations like generating or printing reports or synchronization, then there may be possibilities of various levels of failure or crashes, the application may stop responding or throw errors forcing the user to restart the system.
Now, with Tally.Server 9, there will be zero crashes on account of data issues and the users will not face any disruption of work, even if any user terminates or forcibly closes the application. This ensures utmost dependability and reliability of data in a multi-user environment.